1) Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
2) 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
3) Approximately 160,000 teens skip school everyday because of bullying.
4) 1 in 7 students in K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
5) 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
6) Over two-thirds of students believe that schools respond poorly to bullying, with a high percentage of students believing that adult help
is infrequent and ineffective.
7) 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
8) 90% of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying.
9) 1 out 10 students drop out of school because of repeat bullying.
10) Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75% of school-shooting incidents.
11) Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school.
Verbal abuse, however, remains constant.
TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR SCHOOLS WITH BULLYING AND OTHER ISSUES GO TO: www.dosomething.org